How To Keep Your Home Warm This Winter And Reduce Heating Costs

November 7, 2019

How To Keep Your Home Warm This Winter And Reduce Heating Costs

Meeting or exceeding the requirements for thermal comfort and indoor air quality can lead to an improved indoor environment which maximizes well-being. However, according to numerous studies and surveys, satisfactory indoor environmental conditions are often not achieved.

Have you ever felt the need for more effective and energy-efficient HVAC systems? If yes, it’s time for you to analyze your existing residential heating systems. Energy efficiency should be a top priority when it comes to installing new HVAC systems or maintaining your old ones. However, you should not compromise the comfort of your indoor environment to reduce your bills. In Alberta, you can find energy-efficient heating systems that not only reduce your utility bills but also provide optimal thermal comfort.

Keeping warm at home

Winter has arrived in Edmonton. So, make sure you’re fully prepared to deal with it. Residents need to keep their property heated to at least 18°C and keep the doors and windows closed at night. One of the most valuable things you can do before entering winter is having your furnace and other heating systems properly inspected and maintained.

Before you turn up the heating, try other ways to keep your home warm. For example, double glazing and insulation are of great help in the winter. While we all know how the basics of keeping our homes warm and comfortable, we can always improve the indoor environment and make it more healthy for our families.

Prepare your furnace for the winter

It’s always a good idea to learn more about machines that help us keep warm throughout the season. When it comes to the cool Canadian climate, life seems impossible without heating systems. So, if you already have an energy-efficient furnace installed in your home, all you need to do is maintain it to ensure optimal performance.

In case you want to install a new heating system that is efficient in terms of performance and energy, we advise you to get Carrier furnaces that offer up to 96.7% Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings which shows how much energy you can save per year. With a Carrier furnace, you can save over 50% on your heating costs. Why keep old, inefficient heating systems when you can optimize the thermal comfort in your house with more affordable means?

How to measure the energy efficiency of your furnace

The energy efficiency of an HVAC unit tells how much fuel is used and how much is lost during operational time. 90% AFUE furnaces, for example, use 90% of the energy to heat your home, while the remaining 10% is lost. Older furnace units have an AFUE rating between 50% and 70%. Do you want to keep wasting 50% or 30% of your fuel on low-efficiency furnaces? If not, it’s about time to get more efficient heating solutions for your home.

About Nor-Can Heating & Air

At Nor-Can Heating & Air, we’re HVAC experts in Edmonton. Our services include inspection, maintenance, repair, and installation of furnaces. Visit our website to learn more about our services and energy-efficient solutions we offer!

PAYMENT OPTIONS
AVAILABLE

snap-iconAPPLY NOW

Our professional consultants are available
24/7 to answer any questions and/or
schedule an appointment.

(780) 934-4328

phone-icon