HVAC technicians are individuals who have acquired training and gathered experience in performing tasks related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC systems. An HVAC includes the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems of any residential or commercial setting.
According to the Canadian standard, all HVAC systems must have a North American Technician Excellence or NATE certification. Hence, you should always hire professionals to deal with your HVAC system.
The NATE certification can only be achieved after undertaking rigorous testing. This allows the technicians to gain an excellent understanding of the various types of equipment and techniques involved in the industry. Trained HVAC technicians are well-equipped with the theoretical knowledge and practical experience required to ensure your safety.
This post explains the three situations where an HVAC technician can be of great help.
Ensuring the regular maintenance of your HVAC system can enhance its lifespan. It is also the safest and easiest way to avoid costly repairs and replacements in the future. Routine maintenance activities help you keep your HVAC system in a proper working condition at all times.
Investing in regular maintenance tasks can help save you money and prevent major hikes in your energy bills. It also reduces the likelihood of HVAC system replacement before the end of its life expectancy. Here is a list of some of the maintenance tasks an HVAC technician can help you with:
- Inspection and testing of your system’s components.
- Checking to ensure if your HVAC’s control system is working properly.
- Cleaning or replacing your air filters.
- Unclogging your system’s condensed drains.
- Tightening your HVAC’s electrical, water, and fuel connections.
- Lubricating the moving parts of your HVAC system.
- Improving its performance by refilling refrigerants or cleaning ducts.
- Testing the system’s thermostat.
Usually, when someone faces an issue with their HVAC system, the first thing they do is go online to look for answers. However, there are a multitude of reasons why your system might not be properly working such as a clogged condenser or simply a faulty power line. Google cannot always give you an answer to your HVAC troubles and coming up with your own conclusions based on other’s experience can be dangerous.
Therefore, you should always contact an HVAC repair company for professional help. They have the right training and experience to identify the exact problem with your system. Any attempt at solving the issue yourself can lead to further damage. HVAC technicians can perform the following repairs on your HVAC:
- Inspect and test your HVAC and its components.
- Fix various system issues.
- Check all the possible connections or lines to prevent refrigerant leaks.
- Take your HVAC system apart to inspect internal component issues.
- Use electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic equipment to test the system.
- Repair your HVAC’s old, damaged wiring and components.
- Replace your system’s problematic parts.
- Reassemble the repaired HVAC system to make it functional.
Proper installation of your HVAC system is one of the main factors that ensures its seamless operation. It is advised that you hire professional services from a reliable HVAC company. Having your system installed by experts will help you avoid any hardware damage as well as future repairs and other issues.
Moreover, these experts can help you choose the right type and size of HVAC system to fit your home or offices’ needs. This can have a significantly positive impact on your energy bills.
Some tasks included in the HVAC installation process are:
- Cutting or drilling holes in the building’s structure.
- Laying out, designing, and installing low voltage electrical wiring.
- Assembling, positioning, and mounting the HVAC system.
- Connecting HVAC equipment to water, fuel, or refrigerant sources
- Double-checking for installation of the right materials and components at the correct location.
- Verifying if HVAC components are placed according to the manufacturer’s guide and are operational.
- Balancing, adjusting, and testing your HVAC system.
- Documenting HVAC installation and testing process.
- Cleaning any debris after installation.
At Nor-Can Heating & Air, we provide 24/7 emergency HVAC services to ensure your heating and cooling system works properly throughout the year. Whether you’re building a new house or need to install a heating or cooling system in your old home or office in Edmonton, contact us today for personalized service.